Folic Acid is important to expectant women because healthful diets with adequate folate may reduce a woman’s risk of having a child with a brain or spinal cord birth defect. Puritan’s Pride Prenatal Vitamin formula is a good source of Calcium, one of the most important minerals in your body, and a good source of Vitamin D, which assists in the absorption of Calcium.** In addition, these prenatal vitamins contain Iron, a vital component of hemoglobin that plays a key role in energy metabolism.** Because Iodine is essential for the normal prenatal development of the baby, there is 150 mcg of Potassium Iodine per serving.
How to use?
- For adults, take one (1) caplet daily, preferably with a meal.
- Vitamin A (as Beta-Carotene) 1,200 mcg
- Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 120 mg
- Vitamin D (as D3 Cholecalciferol) 10mcg (400 IU)
- Vitamin E (as dl-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate) 13.5 mg
- Thiamin (Vitamin B-1) (as Thiamin Mononitrate) 1.8 mg
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2) 1.8 mg
- Niacin (as Niacinamide) 20 m
- Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 2.6 mg
- Folate 1,333 mcg DFE (800 mcg folic acid)
- Vitamin B-12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 8 mcg
- Calcium (as Calcium Carbonate) 200 mg
- Iron (as Ferrous Fumarate) 28 mg
- Iodine (as Potassium Iodide) 150mcg
- Zinc (as Zinc Oxide) 25 mg